(Part of Dr. Klinghardt's Protocol. Take 5 drops 2X/Day and slowly increase to 4X/day)
*Supports the body’s natural immune processes
**Shake before use and refrigerate after opening.
The newest herbal blend is a compilation of several of the most commonly used products in Dr. Klinghardt’s evolving Lyme Cocktail. It is a proprietary blend of LipoSorb, Quintessence, Artemis, Brazillian Green Propolis, Cistus Incanus, Stevia, Cilantro and Astragalus
**Quintessence consists Andrographis, Smilax, Japanese Knotweed, Red Root and Stephania.
This Cocktail is a unique blend of seven of our products, combined to give the immune system a powerful boost. We have included LipoSorb, the proprietary form of the important lipid phosphatidylcholine, sourced from purified soy lecithin and encapsulated in an easily absorbable, hydrophyilic vesicle. Phosphatidylcholine is abundant throughout the human body, serving critical roles as both a structural and functional component of cell membranes. It is involved in cell membrane transport, detoxification, healthy cholesterol metabolism, proper nervous system function, fetal development, immune system response, and more. For more detailed information and references regarding LipoSorbTM, The other six ingredients in this Cocktail are herbal extracts with long histories of use in traditional and homeopathic medicine, including the following:
Artemisinin, from the sweet wormwood plant (Artemisia annua), is a bioactive alkaloid found in Artemis. Artemisinin may help support our immune system.
Astragalus, from the root of a leguminous herb sometimes called milkvetch (Astragalus membranaceus), has been used in ancient Chinese medicine to support the immune system; as a tonic for the liver, kidneys, spleen and lungs; and to stimulate overall vitality. The polysaccharides present in Astragalus demonstrate immunopotentiating, antioxidant, and other health-related effects.
Cistus incanus, from a Mediterranean shrub, is commonly referred to as the “Gray-haired Rock Rose”. The potential effects of Cistus incanus include immune support and antioxidant properties. Of particular interest is its apparent protective effect on the gastro-intestinal system.
Brazilian Green Propolis is a sticky green resin that comes from Brazilian honeybees feeding largely on the pollen of a particular tree, Baccharis dracunculifolia DC, (family Asteraceae). The bees use the resin as a building material in their hives. Propolis possesses antioxidant and immune system supporting properties.
Stevia extract comes from another herb in the Asteraceae family, Stevia rabaudiana. It is primarily marketed as a dietary alternative to sugar because of its intense sweetness and lack of calories. Stevia, however, has many health benefits. Experiments have shown it can promote normal blood sugar metabolism by enhancing insulin secretion and lowering glucose levels. Its phenolic content provides antioxidant and immune system supporting effects. For more details, see https://biopureus.com/product/stevia/.
Quintessence is a blend of five of herbal tinctures that work together to provide broad-spectrum immune system support. Quintessence includes:
- King of Bitters (Andrographis paniculata) has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for general immune system support.
- Red Root (Ceanothus americanus) has been used by Native Americans and homeopathic practitioners as an astringent tonic to help reduce stagnation in the lymphatic system.
- Stephania tetrandra is commonly used in traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine. Tetrandine is a well-known alkaloid found in the plant. Research demonstrates it has vasodilating and diuretic properties.
- Japanese Knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum) is a bamboo-like perennial. Among its bioactive ingredients is a stilbene compound called resveratrol, also found in grapes and wine, with antioxidant, anti-coagulant effects.
- Sarsparilla (Smilax glabra Roxb) comes from a tropical climbing vine. Experiments have shown it can exert detoxification properties.